14. – 22. April 2018
Programme (14. – 22. April 2018)
Fair (20. – 22. April 2018)
Since 2010 the pannonian BirdExperience takes place at the best time of the year - at the time of the bird's spring migration - annually in April. This includes a three-day fair for bird watching - everything you need and all you want to know can be found here at numerous stands: optics and cameras including accessories, functional clothing, nature tours, identification books, Nature Preserves and National Parks as well as bird protection organizations. The 9-day supporting programme with excursions, workshops and lectures starts already the weekend before and makes the visit to the pannonian BirdExperience an incomparable experience!
Fair and Optics Marquee
NP Information Centre and Environmental Education Centre
Test the newest optics and camera equipment, plan your next nature travel destinations, learn something about the work of conservation areas and NGOs or just do some shopping. In a total area of more than 500m² you'll find more than 30 information and display stands. Lectures and Workshops will also take place here.
Exclusive Optics and Camera Testing in the National Park Area
Exclusive opportunity to test optics and cameras at well-frequented locations in the National Park as well as in the backyard of the Information Centre. At one of our salt ponds (Zicklacke) we will have an optics marquee where exhibitors as well as National Park Rangers will be there for you and your questions.
Nature Photography Exhibition
In 2018, five outstanding nature photographers once again exhibited their best work at the BirdExperience:
- Nanette Roland
- Peter Frießer
- Arno Cimadom
- Samuel Schnierer
- Herbert Bödendorfer
- Evening lectures by Günther Kroiss, Caritas Pastor and charity cabaret artist: The animal world of the Bible
- Workshop on the Identification of pellets: Choked! - Which parts of animal food remain in pellets
- Lecture by Kerem Ali Boyla, co-founder of Birdwatch Turkey Tours: Ornithological rarities of Turkey
- Excursion with marine biologist Robert Hofrichter on Austrian marine history: About megalodons and the paratethys
- Identification workshop for advanced ornithologists: Waders with Johannes Laber
BEX-Classics without limited number of participants
- Bird ringing live (every hour on Saturday and Sunday during the fair's weekend in the Information Centre)
- Bird-Quiz with Gilbert Hafner
- Nature photography exhibition
- Children's programme
(daily during the fair's weekend)
- Evening events in local restaurants
The National Park Neusiedler See – Seewinkel
It is the diversity of habitats in Austria’s lowest-lying National Park which attracts so many bird species – and their admirers. There is something here to suit each of the roughly 340 bird species which have been recorded in the area.
The pannonian BirdExperience presents the most beautiful parts of this Region, offers Information concerning bird protection and the newest products and developements for birdwatchers – at the best time of the year!